Wednesday, January 5, 2011

At the Hotel at BWI

My Mom and Dad dropped us off at the hotel at BWI at 9:30 this evening. I already miss home. Going into the unknown.....so scary. I woke up at 2 AM last night having a panic attack. I had to go open a window. WON'T BE ABLE TO DO THAT ON THE AIRPLANE! My heart won't stop pounding!

Thank you to everyone who called, emailed or sent cards before we left, telling us you will be praying for us. IT MEANS SO MUCH!!!!! Next blog, hopefully, will be in Beijing!

2 comments:

Lisa A said...

Oh Elizabeth--I'm sure this is scarey, exciting and exhilerating all at the same time--many of know the feeling. It will all be wonderful. I know when I get overwhelmed, I am reminded I need to "lean on God" and when that though runs through my head, I am immediately calmed. God is with you my friend--call on him for comfort and guidance and assurance as you need it. HE WILL answer. :) And remember this first couple days is designed to get you acclimated to China and the experience, and the time zone, so when you meet your Natalie you're rested, relaxed (as is possible) and in good shape to meet your girl. :)


Safe travels my friend. Sooooo exciting.

Lisa said...

Liz--been thinking about you all day. It's 5am there, you'll be up soon...or perhaps not. But I wanted to say, I'm thinking of you.

Email when you can that you arrived safely.

Love and God Bless--!!!